HomePhoto by Chris Miner
The Elbow Lake Environmental Education Centre (ELEEC) is the result of an agreement between the Queen’s University Biological Station (QUBS) and the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC). QUBS is one of the pre-eminent biological field stations in Canada known for research excellence and quality undergraduate learning experiences in field biology and other fields. NCC is Canada’s leading national land conservation organization that partners with corporate and landowners secure properties for conservation of biodiversity in perpetuity. The Education Centre was created in June 2011 to serve as a major site for environmental outreach and education for QUBS.
- Conserve and protect the natural heritage of Elbow Lake and environs for future generations of Canadians.
- Provide a unique venue for public outreach and educational programs in biodiversity conservation and environmental stewardship.
- Engage in programs for public awareness of biodiversity and environmental issues for people of all ages.
- Provide outdoor programs to enhance biological and natural history teaching components of school curricula.
- Foster partnerships with like-minded educational and conservation organizations.
The Elbow Lake Environmental Education Centre can host a range of activities including school field trips, field courses, club meetings, individual or group retreats, and small conferences. We welcome visits from educators, academics, environmental organizations, and other conservation partners, and would be pleased to work with you to offer customized programming specific to your interests and needs.
Upcoming EventSee All Upcoming Events
Elbow Lake Trail Guide
The essential travel companion for visitors to the Elbow Lake property.
Employment Opportunity: Outreach Assistant - Elbow Lake
The Queen's University Biological Station is now accepting applications for an Outreach Assistant to lead all outreach activities associated with the Elbow Lake Environmental Education Centre this fall.
Details on this part-time, three month contract are outlined in the Outreach Assistant - Elbow Lake position description. Deadline to apply is 4:00 pm on Friday, September 11, 2015.
This position is generously funded by a Community Grant from the Community Foundation for Kingston and Area.